[TowerTalk] Multiple anchors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiple anchors
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:48:44 -0400 (EDT)
At my old location in FL I had less than optimal soil with a high  water
table.  I chose to go with two sets of anchors for the 200  footers. The
towers had the guys for 40 and 80 about 75 feet form the  tower, the one was
further out at 160 feet had the guys for 120, 160 and  190.  Since the soil was
less than optimal I really didn't have a choice,  but felt better knowing if
we had a cat 5 hurricane I would probably have at  least part of a tower up
after the storm.

The installation did not follow the prime directive as Rohn does  not
specify that guying arrangement for Rohn 55 under 200 feet.  It did  have a
higher cost since more holes had to be filled with concrete and  anchors.
However, less concrete was required for each hole.

At the new location here in FL, I chose to go with the traditional  method,
but since the towers rotate, the anchors are 200 feet from the base of  the
tower and not the 160 specified in the Rohn book.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS