Re: [TowerTalk] Very new to this

To: "PHILIP GRAITCER" <pgraitc@me.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Very new to this
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:51:28 -0500
It depends on what you buy (follow mfgr specs) however if you are going to do a house-bracketed tower, see if you can download the Rohn specs for their Model 25 tower, which, if IRC requires a small pad and allows maybe 20-30' above the roof bracket, depending on your antenna + wind load. The Rohn specs may not be the right match for your new tower, but they will help you understand what is required of you for a qualified installation. All this assumes your state/local governments won't require you to jump thru other hoops.

Later comes grounding, choice of antennas, rotor, feedlines, etc., etc., however the Rohn specs are easily obtained and will get you in the ballpark.

Also, as plugged by others, the "UP THE TOWER" book (http://www.championradio.com/UP-THE-TOWER-The-Complete-Guide-To-Tower-Construction.1) contains a wealth of information...if this is your first tower, the book will pay for itself many times over.

Good luck and 73

Dan
K0DAN

-----Original Message----- From: PHILIP GRAITCER