Re: [TowerTalk] force 12 mag620 balun problem?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] force 12 mag620 balun problem?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 14:33:16 -0000
Assuming that the Force12 is a direct 50 ohm feed and all of the elements
are in place, it sounds like the problem is someplace in the feedline or
balun.  I believe that these epoxy filled square baluns were made by CAL-AV
for Force12.  I purchased a number of these from CAL-AV for my P40A homebrew
antennas and I never had any issues except for one broken mounting tab due
to aluminum expanding from salt spray corrosion..  I am sure that I have a
brand new spare if you are interested.  For my home station I use Array
Solution baluns.  The are built inside a NEMA enclosure which I mounted to
an aluminum plate secured to the boom with a u-bolt.

GL,
John