Re: [TowerTalk] m2 40M4LLDD + 20m add on

To: Bob Gibson <w5rg@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] m2 40M4LLDD + 20m add on
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:37:25 -0400
I'm one of those guys up north.  Ice and/or wet snow on the linear loading is a
disaster; it will move the SWR at the "fair weather" minimum SWR point far
enough in either direction to activate the Alpha 99 high-SWR shutdown circuit
and generally cause deterioration of various electrical parameters of the beam.
 That said, I'm very, very pleased with the mechanical aspects of my 40M2LL
(and by extension, the 40M3LL), so I'm hopeful the coils will be offered as a
retrofit to existing LL owners.

Bud, W2RU

I'm looking forward