[TowerTalk] Horizontal loop or verticl loop?

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Horizontal loop or verticl loop?
From: "WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq_1@grandecom.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:56:59 -0600
For the lower hf bands especially would a full wave loop work better
horizontally on 4 60' towers or vertically on 2 60' towers with the top of
the loop at 60' and the lower part at 40' or 30'?  For multiband use would
you feed it with a balanced line or coax?  60' is about the tallest towers I
would have room for on a 300X300' lot.

Also at hf frequencies does height above sea level or height above average
terrain matter most?  I am talking about 600 above sea level or 450' above
sea level?  Would there be much difference?  Is there any need for ground
radials on a loop?  I know verticals need a good ground plane but would a
loop?  This is in central Texas.  What about south Florida where the
elevation is barely above sea level?  Trying where to retire and have good
hf results.  I cannot have a great hf antenna where I live now for the
lowest bands.  WB5OXQ