Re: [TowerTalk] BIG WIRE BEAMS FOR 75 METERS

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BIG WIRE BEAMS FOR 75 METERS
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 00:31:04 -0000
A while back I modeled a two element 80m vertical array against a high
dipole and the dipole was clearly better. A vertical array is ground
dependant so results will vary depending on location.  I have never model a
quad loop,I imagine that it would be an effective radiator. A four square
with a good ground system is still a good performer and it does not have
near the maintenance headaches of an 80m yagi and I believe that a 4 square
also has better bandwidth.  It is also less expensive to build. You can get
even better performance by going to a 9 circle vertical array like K4JA
built.

John KK9A