Re: [TowerTalk] remote tuner Vs lumped constants (K8RI)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote tuner Vs lumped constants (K8RI)
From: "Earl Morse" <kz8e@wt.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 06:50:08 -0700
Try an AI1H broadband dipole.  This has worked well for me on 80 meters.  I
operate mostly CW but it covers most of the phone bands also.

It's shown here on page 9.
http://vss.pl/lf/08.pdf

It's discussed in this newsletter.
http://www.madriverradioclub.org/newsletters/Vol_38/Flash3801.pdf

It is also in the antenna handbook.

I haven't ported it over to 160M to see what the bandwidth would yield on that
band but it does well on 80M.  I need to rapidly QSY and don't really want to
be tweaking a tuner every time so this has worked well for me.  If you build it
for 160M let us know what kind of bandwidth it yields.

Earl
N8SS