Re: [TowerTalk] How High is enough...(HFTA) now

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How High is enough...(HFTA) now
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 21:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
Although the numbers are over an 11 year range, they do provide an
average.  I'm a firm believer in playing the averages, since over  the WHOLE
course
of the cycle you will do best designing your  station.

Having the ability to change that optimal angle is a big  advantage.
Although my stacks are all very high, the ability to BIP/BOP  them allows me to
accommodate the higher angles that are not covered by the  higher antennas.

Of course, if you don't have stacks, you can do the same sort of  thing
with a second antenna at 50 feet.  Not only does this allow a change  of angle,
but with this proper phasing apparatus you now have a second  antenna...but
also a stack that can be switched in and out of phase.

That would be my recommendation.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS