[TowerTalk] Tilt-over tower: TILT WITH MOTOR instead of hand winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilt-over tower: TILT WITH MOTOR instead of hand winch
From: "Ivan Shapiro \(machinegundealer.com" <ivan@machinegundealer.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 20:21:35 -0400
I would like to tilt-over to the horizontal position my US Tower HDX589.
The raising fixture works well, but a motor to drive the winch would be a
nice addition.  So I am asking whether anyone reading this reflector has
done this.  If yes, I sure would appreciate any advice, anything you could
share.  Pictures, specs of motor and gearing/chain/etc would be very
helpful.  Pitfalls to avoid?

If you would like to email me off-list in addition to posting here, my email
is WK1W@ivanshapiro.com

Thanks.

Ivan

73