Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup Danger

To: "'Patrick Greenlee'" <patrick_g@windstream.net>, "'Bryan Swadener'" <bswadener@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup Danger
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:26:46 -0500
I had a Crank up tower(54 ft) for a while and I did not trust the thing for
climbing.  I put the blocks in that you guys are talking about but just the
smallest slip can be disastrous to your fingers and hands.  So I decided that I
would crank the tower down and then rent scaffolding up the side. I felt much
safer and I had a nice platform to work with. If the tower slipped then I was
not in harm's way unless it fell all the way down.

Bill W5VX