Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Ham Radio
From: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 12:30:56 -0300
Hi Jim

"Yep, the best DXCC and contest scores that money can buy!"  Are you talking
about the big and expensive contest stations around the world, included in
USA? It might be offended by this, have spent much money on their stations
:-)  (just a joke)

How much cost your station?. This is how much you paid for your DXCC. I
don´t want to think how much cost my station!, this is what I pay for my
DXCC and contest scores!

Everyone "pay" for DXCC, I don´t know anyone that didn´t spend money, even
to build their own radio and antenna, you always need to buy parts, so this
comment makes little sense.

I'm not talking about your case or mine that we are fortunate to be able to
put towers and antennas, but as is you've said, there are people who cannot
install their antennas restrictions. So this is a opportunity for some guys,
I didn´t say that ALL people will do radio from this site!

And also agree with you that is great the personal satisfaction of operate
the station I built, I can talk about that, but from this side of the world
where the population is very small, we do wells by hand with a shovel, we
raise the antennas and towers with ropes and manpower, not with bulldozers
and cranes that make the job quite very easy :-)

I just pointed that there´s a site that will be useful for someone.

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W