Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup tower safety question... (Crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup tower safety question... (Crankup
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 06:59:06 -0500
In my instance the tower in question will have the moving part of the locking system near the top of the first (stationary) section which will be reachable by extension ladder. The "distributed" part of the locking system is composed of pieces of steel welded one per every foot of the movable section (just have one movable section.) These steel pieces are pretty simple and robust, just a chunk of steel welded to a tower leg to take the force of resting on the movable portion of the locking system (think deadbolt with multiple holes to secure it into.) These are spaced a foot apart. Nothing special about the spacing, just didn't think I would need more resolution regarding the antenna height. Spacing is more or less arbitrary plus or minus interference with braces.

I realize mine is a trivial case and may not be the answer for "complicated" installations but I don't think inapplicability regarding universal application negatively impacts the utility in simpler cases with only one movable section.

Patrick AF5CK

Message----- From: Grant Saviers