[TowerTalk] Fw: $$$ and contesting stations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: $$$ and contesting stations
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 10:45:35 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] $$$ and contesting stations

Bill -
I agree 100%. As an old airline ad once read - "Getting there should be half the fun" !! There is plenty of good reference material available for those who are willing to get their hands dirty and scrounging parts can be lots of fun and lead to good contacts. e.g. - My 8 x 20 ft heavy duty tower sections were $20 worth of "scrap" steel - just to "get it off the books", EHS and anchors from local power company scrap yard, hard line is from the building of a defunct communications company and my LP and amp were home brew DYI projects. Just compete within your own framework.
Gene / W2LU

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>