Re: [TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil

To: jeffhook@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Digging a 5'x5'x7' hole in sandy soil
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 20:51:05 -0700
Hire a competent contractor.

Here in Arizona's Sonoran Desert, we have exactly this problem (except they
want a 5x5x8 foot hole).

A good contractor can meet all of these requirements, including allowing
for the delay between when you call the county building inspector and when
they actually come and inspect.

In my case, the contractor kept a good eye on the weather (there is a rainy
season in Arizona, believe it or not).

Well, we managed it expertly, got the hole dug in a day, the inspection the
next which was followed by an immediate pour of the cement.

Of additional interest was that the "T" of the US Towers base (I had the
HDX 572) was absolutely, stone cold level.  Which is a consideration as
well.

Larry Loen  WO7R