Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox/Noalox vs. Anti-seize compound

To: "TT TowerTalk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox/Noalox vs. Anti-seize compound
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:26:40 -0500
I see Permatex being referred to a lot. Is there a product by Permatex that is not a gasket sealing goo? Excuse my ignorance.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: GARY HUBER
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:32 PM
To: TT TowerTalk

   His reasoning was that enough bare  aluminum-to-aluminum surface area
would remain that the use of the Permatex was  very unlikely to negatively
effect antenna performance.  Anyone have an  opinion on this?  Should I
re-do
the joints in question while the antenna  is still on the ground?  Or would
this be a needless exercise at this  point?

I've used Blackburn compound for over thirty years. A nasty, sticky graphite
mixture, it keeps new or cleaned aluminum joints like new after years in
service. When I was just getting into the hobby I salvaged an old TH-4 and
on the recommendation of a couple HAMs who had been at it a few years
drilled and Zip screwed each element piece to make the mechanical -
electrical bond.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M