Re: [TowerTalk] 25G on the Roof

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G on the Roof
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:44:44 -0400
Back when I was young and foolish, I was part of a group that put a 20-foot Rohn 25 tower on the flat roof of a Federal office building in DC 8 floors above ground. The only restriction placed on us was that we could not pierce the roof, so we guyed the thing in three directions, just above the roof surface, and again at the top of the tower. It actually stayed up for 8 years, with a Classic 36 on top, before a microburst demolished it. The amazing part is that the guys were terminated (sic) in cast-iron vent pipes that came through the roof - see what I mean about young and foolish?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.