Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Max Overturning Moment?

To: jimsmith@shaw.ca, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Max Overturning Moment?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:10:53 -0400 (EDT)
Jim, the tower section specs are conservative to allow some safety factor
in the data., Actual failure moment is more and unpublished as it logically
would vary a little from one batch of steel to the next.

On the other hand, the foundation design is also conservative to allow some
 safety factor for survival in case the load exceeds the basic design or
soil  conditions are not optimum. Actual survival moment would then be
somewhat higher  than the maximum expected load.

So, you have conservative data in both directions; no wonder there are
conflicts.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 8/29/2013 12:17:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,