Re: [TowerTalk] Method of calculating phase delay variation

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k2cb@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Method of calculating phase delay variation
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 11:28:28 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy --

    First, one of my ham rules is "Go with what  you've got" so I was glad
to see Gerald's, K5GW, comments on feeding both of  your antennas. Try it
and see what happens.

    OTOH the potential problems with out-of-phase  antennas can be
disastrous. Bob Heil's , K9EID, dramatic demonstration  of out-of-phase
speakers
(another propagation device) will give you  pause to maybe pursue  more precise
phasing. (The sound disappears  when they are out of phase. Imagine your
antennas canceling each other  out.)

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH

PS - I followed Bob's talk at the W9DXCC convention some years  ago and he
is a hard act to follow!