Re: [TowerTalk] Switching Multiple Rotors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Switching Multiple Rotors
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:43:33 -0400
In the May 2012 NCJ, I had an article on using an inexpensive Chinese-made RF wireless relay board to switch 8 receiving antennas without a separate cable, ~400 feet from the shack. The idea, suggested by GM3SEK, was to couple the 300-MHz from the remote control to the coax and pick it off at the far end, using short lengths of hookup wire as the coupling loop. Works very reliably. I'm not sure if the hardware I used can be programmed to switch most or all of the SPDT relays at once, but there are lots of variations available online for peanuts.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.