Re: [TowerTalk] Bose 901 antenna theory

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bose 901 antenna theory
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:02:20 -0700
On 9/4/2013 2:34 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
Bose demands that a special listening room be set up.... with NO other brands
of speakers in the same room.

About 20 years ago, they pulled some really unethical stuff on one of my consulting clients -- held a meeting with the design team for that client to demonstrate their stuff, insisted that their sound system consultant (me) could not be present, and had the participants sign NDAs -- they couldn't even tell anyone that the meeting had happened.

The saying about Bose among audio professionals, "Better sound through marketing" could be equally applied to a certain ham mic and headphone company based in Illinois.

73, Jim K9YC