Re: [TowerTalk] HD-73 Rotator issues

To: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HD-73 Rotator issues
From: Dan Evans <k9zf@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
Just an update on the HD-73 issue.

The lamp is OK, and there was no voltage at the meter.  [an ohm meter across
the meter measured a value, and the power from the DVM sent it to about half
scale :-) ]

So, I pulled the little circuit board and started checking voltages.  It looks
like the tiny little 4.7V zener is bad.

Good news:  Simple fix and a cheap part.

Bad news:  I will have to order the zener, so no chance of repairing before the
contest this weekend :-(

73 all and thanks for the tips,
Dan

--
K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el