Re: [TowerTalk] Green Heron + Alpa Spid, suddenly 30 degrees off

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Green Heron + Alpa Spid, suddenly 30 degrees off
From: Andreas Hofmann <Andreas.Hofmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:34:33 +0000
John,

The alpha spid rotator uses a magnetic reed switch and is advertised with a 1
degree precision (http://alfaradio.ca/alfaspid-1.html). Also, I can still turn
the antenna and the controller advances the reading, it is just off by the
fixed offset.

Will see if I can just reapply the offset.

Thanks
Andreas