[TowerTalk] FW: Custom antenna design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Custom antenna design
From: "KM5VI" <km5vi@flukey.cc>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:38:45 -0500
Three thoughts:

For a horizontal beam it is theoretically possible, but in the practical
world, difficult at best (not really viable) because of the compromises in
efficiency and useable bandwidth.
For a fixed direction vertical beam it is possible.
For a switched direction vertical beam, you might want to look at a 4-square
using vertical dipoles (no radials) - spacing requirement is about 35' in a
rectangular lot (2 ft less than your turning diameter).

Good luck

Matt
KM5VI