Re: [TowerTalk] Custom antenna design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Custom antenna design
From: W1YW@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:22:35 -0400 (EDT)
You are grossly (to be charitable) unaware of the published literature IMO,
 and when you make comments like 'believer' and 'just another', those are
(again,  being charitable) reflections of your absence of knowledge on this
subject.  Please: don't ask someone else to be your librarian.

If your antennas work for you--that's great! But with countless users of
fractal antennas, and millions out there, don't expect your comments to be
supported by facts--they aren't.

If more (older) amateurs want to use fractals, then make the case: I am
willing to volunteer some time, and that is not counting the many many hours
volunteered, and half dozen articles published in ham mags, almost  20 years
ago. I suggest getting QST or CQ to (by editor) solicit a  MS. I do not
write unsolicited MS's anymore--no need to.

Saying fractals are hard to build, or support mechanically, is a joke. If
you don't have the dexterity to bend wire(really, not an onerous task), for
example, then young people appear dastardly proficient--as the youtube
videos on  fractal antennas(some by pre-teens)--at doing so. I myself am happy
to let  younger people share in the fun. You should to.

73,
Chip W1YW

In a message dated 9/19/2013 2:45:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,