Re: [TowerTalk] HG-70HD tower

To: Nick Pittner <Goodsonrd@netwalk.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HG-70HD tower
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 13:27:04 -0600
Lay it over horizontally and extend it on a flat surface using some rolling
implements of some sort.  I don't think you want to fully disassemble it,
waaaay too much work.

Chris
KF7P

On Oct 13, 2013, at 8:48 , Nick Pittner wrote:

TT Gang,

              I have a Hy-Gain 70' crank-up tower, (Model HG-70HD), new in '85.
 The plan is to paint it with cold galvanizing paint and replace the cable.
Here's the problem.  There are welded stops at the bottom of each section, and
there appear to be stops on the vertical side as well.  If that is the case,
disassembly of the tower sections appears impossible.  How do you get access to
the sections to paint them, short of spray-painting the nested tower?

              If any of you have dealt with this issue, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick, K8NAP