Re: [TowerTalk] LM470 base dimensions

To: K0DAN <k0dan@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM470 base dimensions
From: Pete M <pmanfre@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 09:32:13 -0400
I have 2 LM470's up currently and would NEVER consider welding the base up with out it attached to the tower ( or factory jig of some kind).. I had my towers on my trailer and built the ground base with the pieces bolted to the tower base with spacer washers for extra clearance. After being welded to keep positioning, I removed it and concreted these bases properly in the ground. Heaven forbid you get something wrong with a 4x4x7 concrete chunk in the ground.

Just my opinion.  BTW I am a certified welder.

Pete WA2ODO