[TowerTalk] Rotor Loop at the Top of a Crankup?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop at the Top of a Crankup?
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:37:42 -0700
All-

I am building a SteppIR DB42 on a TiltPlate on the ground, at the top of my
cranked down and tilted-over HDX-589.

I now need to decide how to route the cables.  The bottom of the TiltPlate,
which has some sharp edges, is about 2 feet above the tower top.  I'm
thinking of leaving two or three 18" diameter coils of the coax and SteppIR
control cable wrapped around the mast, between the bottom of the TiltPlate
and the top of the tower as the rotor loop.  But I am concerned the cables
will drag along the three top corners of the flat tower top and be abraded
or even snag something.  I could put the cables inside a piece of garden
hose to protect them, but that wouldn't avoid the snagging problem.  It
almost seems like I need a flat disc just above the tower top for the loops
to lay on..?

Do you have any suggestions on how to dress the rotor loop to avoid having
it abrade on or snag the top of the tower?

73,

Steve Jones
N6SJ