[TowerTalk] LPDA'S and single SS devices amps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LPDA'S and single SS devices amps
From: "Larry Stowell" <lclarks@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:35:07 -0400
I have to agree with Steve my T-8 is great across the “bands” I started with a
C31XR and it was good on 20 and 10 but terrible on 15 very limited bandwidth. I
replaced it with a 4L Steppir with the 40m it was a great antenna worked well
until Zeus intervened. The only thing was it was heavy and floppy, a lot of
torque. I had a new one in hand $3500 (thanks insurance company) looked up at
the tower and sold it bought the T-8 $800 half the weight and not floppy works
well.

Rick I disagree with your statement. As a owner of a Tennadyne T-10 and
currently a T-12 your statement is flat out wrong. I swept my T-12 with my rig
expert AA-230 analyzer and it was below 2-1  across the 13-30 mhz. range. Not
sure what you are talking about, OR WHAT BRAND. But to say mediocre SWR is a
false statement.

73,
Steve W1DXH

Dick take a look at at  http://expertampsusa.com/ The talk about a new model
1.3K-FA using one device.

I would be curious to see how these LDMOS devices perform. Has
anyone any data on the M2 boxes they sell for 6 and 2 ?

An HF Amp, using one or two of these devices would be very interesting.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

73
Larry K1ZW
Durham, NC