Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Anchor Bolts

To: Mike VE3YF <Mike@ve3yf.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Anchor Bolts
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:36:06 -0800
McMaster has 1.125 by 36" depth SDS-Max. $$ but I don't think you need to go deeper than 18" - see the specs below.

I think it is very important to use the specified hole diameter for the structural epoxy you plan to use. The Simpson catalog shows maximum tensions for 1" bolts.
http://www.strongtie.com/ftp/catalogs/c-sas-2012/C-SAS-2012.pdf

Hole preparation is super critical, buy the Simpson wire brush to fit the hole, use an air compressor, a blow gun extension, and also very good eye protection.

Grant KZ1W