Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying coax
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 00:05:30 -0500
On 11/11/2013 9:53 PM, Bob Good wrote:
I found a 52 ft roll of coax in my shop storage that I need help identifying.  I has a 12?
gauge solid center conductor supported by a spiral support of plastic within a hollow plastic
tube shielded by foil covered by tinned braid and a black jacket covering that.  No
identifying marks on the jacket.  It is about the diameter of RG-8 type.  It is quite stiff
and P 259 fits.  I am not familiar with the modern ‘low loss” types.  Thanks
for any help.  Regards,  Bob K4BG

Agree with Gary. It's either 9913 or a knock off.  I used to use a lot of it,
till lightening blew off all the weather proofing at the top of the tower and
15 minutes later I had water running out of the rif.  Renoved and junked all of
it (over 1500 feet of Belden 9913 of good 9913 went to the dump) 9913F is fine,
but IIRC it has a foam dielectric.

73

Roger (K8RI)