Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor wire question.??

To: n4gnr@windstream.net,TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor wire question.??
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:12:00 +0000
OK...but that $200 cost is probably a small fraction
of your total antenna/tower/hardware investment....BUT,
having said that....*if* you are willing to build something,
why not build a simple "repeater" to control the
rotator motor and brake?   You probably
have everything you need in your junque box.

You supply AC to the tower via say, 14-2 w/GND UG cable
to a homebrew power supply, which powers the rotator via
relays that can be controlled by your rotator controller
in the shack.  You can use just about any wire for the
long relay control wires, even telco "station wire".

The direction indicator circuit should bypass
the relays....it's usually a very low current circuit
with very low voltage drop.

73,
Charlie, N0TT