Re: [TowerTalk] Filled Heat Shrink Source

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Filled Heat Shrink Source
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:51:32 -0500
On 11/12/2013 6:18 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:

I purchase 3M in two sizes at the local electrical supply house.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/connectors.htm The 400 and 800 which are .40"/.12" (10/3.1mm) and .80/.22" (20/5.6mm)

The large size easily fits over UHF and N connectors for LMR-400 and LMR-600. The smaller fits nicely over Rg58 and 8X . So for a connector on 8X put a 2" piece of 400 over the 8X abd butted against thr larger portion of the connector. A piece of 800 ovrt thr connector will seal on the 400 and nicely enclose the connectors. If you don't want the glue on the connector, just wipe a "film of silicone grease on it. I prefer it to stick to everything as in makes a very secute and weather proof connection.

The wall thickness is a bit more than the less expensive grades found in some stores. IIRC a 1 meter length of the 800 ran about $10.

Where do folks get there tubing from ? I need several sizes.

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ