Re: [TowerTalk] Ridding Birds from the Tower

To: Chuck Smallhouse <w7cs@theriver.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ridding Birds from the Tower
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:03:25 -0800
I had a bad pigeon infestation in a city house and was advised of two principles of deterring bird roosting -

1. Collections of guano indicates to birds it is a safe roost. So, pressure washing an area regularly helps. A little difficult with an antenna.

2. Leaving a dead bird in the roost is a strong deterrent to roosting. This worked extremely well for me in two situations, lead poisoning as mentioned and leaving the carcass in place. That would take a bit of work on a tower or antenna boom, however.

Grant  KZ1W