Re: [TowerTalk] 160 meter antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 meter antenna
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:27:55 -0800
On 11/28/2013 12:18 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
The 'L' should work better.  At 60 feet, the horizontal antenna is pretty low.

Yes. There's a Power Point on my website for a talk I have done a couple of times about 160M antennas on lots of modest size. Nothing original, but rather a summary of excellent work by others.

http://k9yc.com\publish.htm

Anything that you load end-fed for 160M needs some sort of radials or counterpoise. That's discussed in the Power Point.

Also, to be REALLY competitive, you need RX antennas. Probably more than you have time for between now and ARRL 160, but maybe for the Stew, which is a better contest anyway.

73, Jim K9YC