Re: [TowerTalk] Change in SWR

To: towertalk@contesting.com, dscribner@myfairpoint.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Change in SWR
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 11:56:32 -0500 (EST)
>  Six weeks ago I finished my second tower... 66 feet of  guyed Rohn 45. I
have a Mosley Pro-67B @ 68 feet and an 80 Meter Inverted V,  with the apex
at 64 feet.

>  The only addition I have made is to  add a 160 Meter Low Dipole for
receive. It is 10 feet high with the feedpoint at  the tower.

>  Is there a chance that it is interacting with the yagi 58  feet above
it? I grounded the feedpoint of the dipole with no  change.

Howdy --

    You said it yourself - you put a low dipole  up. My experience has been
that the PRO Mosleys are VERY sensitive to anything  metallic -
particularly antennas - in the near field. You can't even put a 2M  vertical
above the
Mosley without messing it up.

    OTOH your new SWR doesn't seem too bad to me  but the new antenna might
be disrupting whatever pattern the PRO has. If you're  worried about it,
put the dipole up for 160M operation (e.g contests, etc.) and  take it down
for other HF operating.

    No snarky comments on Measly antennas at this  time.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH