Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed vs. Inv. L vs. Inv. V on 160-m

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed vs. Inv. L vs. Inv. V on 160-m
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:37:04 -0500
On 12/3/2013 6:52 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
#2 would be my last choice.

A thought:
I would think the slant fed tower would have a lower angle of radiation, but I've had very good luck with a quarter wave, half sloper fed directly with coax (shield to tower)at the top which is about 95 feet, but half slopers can be finicky. I tried it, got lucky, and it worked first time. Very narrow band and IIRC the impedance is about 25 ohms. I've used the Palstar AT5K tuner in the shack successfully with the legal limit and no RF in the shack. Although probably not the best arrangement it's convenient.

73

Roger (K8RI)

John KK9A