Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower - Tilt Over Winch

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-Up Tower - Tilt Over Winch
From: Steve Dyer <w1srd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:40:00 -0800
I just used a brand new K1550 in the LM470 tiltover fixture. I would say marginal at best. The brake was squeeling like a pig by the time we got the tower lowered. Maybe the K1550 was made better back in the day.
Go with the 2550.
73,
Steve
W1SRD
Jim, Looks like he is going to order the 2550 today. Thanks to all for the responses. '73, Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Cassidy