Re: [TowerTalk] [MWA] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mymts.net>, "Minnesota Wireless Association" <mwa@w0aa.org>, "TCDXA" <TCDXA-list@tcdxa.org>, "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [MWA] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses
From: "K5JZ" <k5jz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:11:43 -0600
As I understand it, the system that was engineered to point the array in the direction of the least amount of wind drag failed and the system corkscrewed and collapsed the array upon itself.

73,
George K5JZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mymts.net> To: "Minnesota Wireless Association" <mwa@w0aa.org>; "TCDXA" <TCDXA-list@tcdxa.org>; "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>