Re: [TowerTalk] [MWA] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [MWA] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:59:57 -0500
I obviously meant to type 100m tower.

From:    john@kk9a.com
Date:    Wed, December 11, 2013 8:01 am
To:      towertalk@contesting.com

It is possible that the 80m beam was too high plus a 2 over 2 array is a
very good antenna. I am sure that they learned a lot about low band
propagating using this monster system. Radio Arcala is an extreme station
with a great mission of giving young hams a place to operate. It took
tremendous effort to assemble these antenna on top of the 300m tower, it
has to be heartbreaking for everyone involve to see it quickly destroyed.

John KK9A