[TowerTalk] RG-149

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG-149
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:14:54 -0800
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:25:40 +0000
From: Mike VE3YF <Mike@ve3yf.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

##  RG-149 is 75 ohm coax.  Nobody has made 52 ohm coax since the 70s.
However, Mosely still blathers to this day about... establishing resonance and
keeps quoting 52 ohms.   To test for sure,  put a 75 ohm resistor on one end
of a short piece of the proposed cable.....and your favourite analyzer on the
other end.

Jim  VE7RF

I have a chance to pickup some RG-149 brand new for almost free. The
difference from the specs of RG-213 is that it is 52 Ohm, the rest of
the specs that I
can find are the same as RG-213. However I found that it says it is
low noise. Any one have any info on this RG-149 Coax.

73 De Mike
VE3YF