Re: [TowerTalk] OWA Inventor?

To: Steve Sacco NN4X <nn4x@embarqmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OWA Inventor?
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:33:08 -0600
Virtually every reference on Google searches to the Optimized Wideband
Antenna refers to WA3FET as the inventor. None refers to N6BT. Most also
co-credit K3LR for the OWA.

You might be able to outfox some Google search results, but not every single
one.

N6BT's contribution, which I don't mean to disparage, is a system to couple
multiple driven elements parasitically to eliminate traps in multi-band
antennas. He referred to them as multi-monoband arrays, since most of the
F12 antennas use discrete elements for each band of operation rather than
using traps to multipurpose elements.

The OWA, if I recall correctly, was around before Force12 was even a gleam
in N6BT's eyes. And, again IIRC, the OWA is a monoband antenna that uses two
driven elements and specific element spacing to provide consistent gain,
matching and F/B over a greater portion of a particular band than typical.

73, kelly
ve4xt