Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting over an MA-770 or MA-850

To: ko7ss@yahoo.com, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting over an MA-770 or MA-850
From: "Dino Darling" <dino@kx6d.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 07:13:55 -0700
What is the half length of your longest element? Can the beam be turned
90 degrees?

Does the antenna HAVE to come down all the way? Can it stay at 32'?

Could a tilt-plate solve your issue?

To answer your question, or as the engineer said in Red October, "105%
possible, but not recommended." The side load on all the tower sections
would make raising it difficult. If you used a motorized winch, you
wouldn't be able to feel the extra stress on the lift system. I don't
like the idea!

Dino - KX6D