Re: [TowerTalk] Tower mast calculator

To: "Tim Jellison" <kl7wv@kl7wv.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower mast calculator
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:52:29 -0500
TT:

I just tried the tool with my antennas. Be carefull! Apparently the calcs don't tell you anything about your tower's limitations. The calcs merely say that the DXE MAST will or will not fail at the given wind speeds; they tell you nothing about the survivability of the tower. In other words, a big load may survive on a 3 inch DXE mast, but it might bring down a stack of Rohn 25 or a light-duty self-supporter.

    Caveat Amateur!

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Jellison" <kl7wv@kl7wv.com>