Re: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveler rota

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveler rotatable tri band dipole)
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 04:01:20 -0500
On 1/26/2014 3:51 PM, Jim Pruitt wrote:
I need help in identifying the model number/nomenclature for an antenna that I bought in 1967. The antenna was made by HyGain in the late 50's or early 60's. I thought I remembered it being called the HyGain trap traveler rotatable dipole. It was for 20/15/10 and looked like the driven element of a TH3JR on a 3 foot mast that had a clamp for fitting over a window sill and hanging out a window. It was intended as a portable antenna and perhaps to be used from hotel rooms and similar places I think.

I remember the antenna, but unfortunately that's all I can tell you.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Google has not helped me with this one. Does anyone remember this antenna and might be able to tell me what it was called or the model number?

I need to know what kind of plastic was used for the insulators and the plastic that was used to cover the traps so that I may repair them.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

---