Re: [TowerTalk] Microdem Issues

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Microdem Issues
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 08:14:24 -0500
It's not on the PVRC site. The archive is on the WWROF site <http://wwrof.org/category/webinar-archive/> - they picked up the funding of webinars from PVRC last year.

WRT the process of obtaining DEM data for use in MicroDEM > HFTA elevation file generation, USGS confirmed to me directly that they have discontinued the GeoTIFF data format that contained the needed .GIF file, as a cost-cutting measure. For the moment, at least,you can still get un-updated GeoTIFF from <http://www.mrlc.gov/viewerjs/>. The default format is ArcGrid, just as it used to be direct from USGS, but you can modify your data request to change to GeoTIFF

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.