Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor direction display is 90 degrees off

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor direction display is 90 degrees off
From: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:27:11 -0800
is the calibrate pot pushed in?

73
Jim W7RY

On 2/23/2014 8:02 PM, n8de@thepoint.net wrote:
When you turn the rotor to its limits, does the antenna point 90 degrees off at the limits? If so, I'd suspect something has slipped within the housing of the rotor. If not, check the Calibration.
73
Don
N8DE

Quoting "Allen R. Brier" <n5xz@earthlink.net>:

Is it possible that the pot inside my TailTwister rotor has moved? My
antenna direction on my controller now shows 90 degrees off (to the West) for some reason. I climbed up the tower and confirmed that the mast has not slipped in the rotator clamp or at the boom to mast clamp. I checked wiring connections and all seems to be ok. Did the pot move 90 degrees? Anyone ever see this before? I would appreciate any advice on this before I go through
the trouble of replacing the rotor with a spare. BTW, I am using a Green
Heron Engineering controller.

Allen R. Brier N5XZ / KL5DX

1515 Windloch Lane

Richmond, TX 77406-2553