Re: [TowerTalk] Discoverer 7-2 or Cushcraft xm-240?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, hfcomnet@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Discoverer 7-2 or Cushcraft xm-240?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 14:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
>  Have been pondering this  over for a couple of months.
In the past my monobander for 40 has been KLM,  however it's time to replace
this antenna and currently the antenna is  down.
Question is, which of the two 40 meter yagis has the better track  record?
I have never seen the hy-gain up close but the performance was pretty  good
for a linear loaded system and the gov't had them for monitoring  stations
in Canada.
As for the xm240, not sure.

    In the past I had the 4L KLM and the 2L KLM. Wasn't  too impressed with
either. The 4L never played like a big monobander plus it was  pretty
fragile.

    I bought the original CC 402CD and loved it. I  never felt like I had
given any performance away by going to the 2L. Plus it's  pretty reliable.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH