[TowerTalk] LMR 400

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR 400
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:28:58 -0400 (EDT)
A word about LMR 400...

I have bought regular LMR 400 from several companies (Times, etc.)  and
have not been disappointed in any of the cable.

For the past almost ten years I have been buying from  JEFA-tech.  I have
had no failures...cracks etc.  I've used it for  phasing harnesses for my
stacks as well as the feedlines from the bases of the  towers.  It has stood up
to KH6 and FL sun.

Price per 1000 ft roll is $399.  Smaller rolls are available  at slighly
higher prices.

One last note.....  I did buy the flexi LMR 400 for jumpers on  the
antennas from Times back around 2000 and within a couple of years the stuff
began
to crack like cheap coax.  Changing out jumpers on 14 antenna up in  the air
is not my favorite thing to do.  I will never buy flexi LMR 400  from Times
again.

I have no interest in the company other than being a satisfied  customer.

K4XS