To: towertalk@contesting.com, joe@k2uf.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 135, Issue 40
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
>  I am replacing my old broken Yaesu 2800sdx rotor.   Looking at either a
Yaesu
2800DXA or a Hygain T2XDX.

>  I have a cushcraft 2el 40 and a Bencher Skyhawk tribander  on the tower.

Howdy --

    According to the rotator specs in my UP THE TOWER  book, the T2X has
1000 in/lbs of rotating torque and 9000 in/lbs of braking  torque. The 2800
has 2170 in/lbs or rotating torque and 21,700 in/lbs of braking  torque.
Clearly the Yaesu is the superior rotator and has NONE of the  traditional
problems that the T2X does.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH