Re: [TowerTalk] New windows versus my antenna wiring

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New windows versus my antenna wiring
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 16:30:43 -0400
You'd have to invert this scheme to bring your stuff in from the top, butI have apanel under a double-hung window's bottom sash, made from a piece of scrap aluminum framed in wood. I had a storm window made to fit the gap between the top of the panel and the top of the window opening, and for good measure use a piece of cylindrical foam insulation intended for water pipes to close the gap between the partly open bottom sash and the upper one. It's pretty toasty, though the indoor humidity does form ice on the inside of the storm window during the coldest days of winter.

As for security, I believe you can buy inexpensive locking devices that are designed to permit having a window open a bit without compromising security

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.